I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Anastasia from the blog For the Knit of It thank you so much for the nomination!
I began this blog with the intention of encouraging myself to continue creating through a somewhat difficult transition in my life. It has quickly become more than that and I enjoy sharing what I create to my cyber readers. It has enabled me to connect with people that I would never have known otherwise.
So thank you once again for the nomination.
Here are the rules:
1. Add the award icon into your blog
2. Link to your nominator and say thank you.
3. Post 11 random things about yourself.
4. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know).
6. Post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate.
1. I’m Canadian
2. I am 6 credits away from finishing my masters in music education.
3. I have a knack for starting projects and not finishing them.
4. I love walnut encrusted, chocolate drizzled, caramel apples.
5. I love dulce (a kelp/seawead from Nova Scotia that you eat like chips)
6. I would do anything for a plateful of fiddleheads (also a specialty from Nova Scotia and yes I’ve actually picked them from the woods, boiled, salted, and eaten them myself. Always DYI!).
7. I loved knitting in class my college classes (provided the professor would let me). Yes, I really was able to knit and take notes at the same time.
8. I actually learned to knit first then went to crochet because I couldn’t figure out the two needles. Then I picked up a knitting pattern one day that I loved and never looked back! (I actually have made a few crocheted items since) 🙂
9. I have 7, 202 pins on Pinterest! (which is the increase after I pinned a bunch of things to find out how many I had)
10. I am addicted to crafting books.
11. I have a very hard time turning down a cookbook with pictures in it although I most likely will never make anything from it!
Questions from My Nominator
1. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of you life, what would it be? Either Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, or Anne of Green Gables….probably The Sound of Music
2. What is your signature dish? I don’t know if I have one.
3. What object do you own that you prize the most? My sewing machine and knitting needles
4. What’s your favorite craft supply? Fabric and Yarn
5. Do you have pets? Cat and dog
6. How long do you watch TV every day? Lately quite a bit as we have been sick but generally not that much
7. Do you walk around your house in slippers, socks, or barefoot? Slippers with socks
8. What’s your favorite drink (doesn’t necessarily have to be alcoholic)? Coffee
9. Where would you go on your dream vacation? Back to Kauai
10. Do you wear glasses? Yes
11. What’s your favorite thing you ever made? So hard! Probably a dress that I made for a banquet in college. Floor length with a wide ruffle at the bottom. White with large red roses scattered across, halter neck.
Jennifer Under the Juniper Tree — great quilting/knitting/crochet stuff
A Beach Cottage — absolutely LOVE this gals pictures
Milah’s Handcrafts — working on a 31 day blog challenge to prepare for a craft fair…very inspirational
Hannah Ahackroyd — really love this blog…great writer, always something new, photos, knitting, crochet, book reviews etc…
AndreSue Knits — This woman is a serious knitter! I admire her work so much and she is always knitting something AMAZING!
A Humble Creation — beautiful tablescapes, great tutorials, and generally superb all around.
KateSpadeGirl — Inspires me to get dressed (in something other than pjs) up just because!
Fiammisday — Beautiful outfits! Her mom and daughter outfits make me want to have a girl. 🙂
Crafty Tails — great photos and always has the nicest things to say
SoSewLovely — Great pictorial sewing tutorials! I’ve learned a lot from following her.
French Country Cottage — I’m such a sucker for the whole shabby chic cottagey look….this site is soooo addicting!
Questions For You
1. What was that pivotal moment that you decided to become a blogger?
2. What is your favorite place on earth?
3. What is your favorite thing you have created (picture, outfit, sewing, knitting)?
4. What was your very first project that you remember and what happened to it?
5. What is your favorite winter drink?
6. You are only allowed to do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. What do you never leave home without? (keys, wallet, purse don’t count)
8. Favorite paint colour?
9. Signature colour that you wear?
10. What is your favorite piece of furniture?
11. How often do you blog?